April 7th at 3 pm is quickly approaching, which means priority registration is here again. Have you met with you advisor? If that is a no, here are some tips to help you prepare for your advising appointment. Your advising appointment is just as important as registration, so make sure you are prepared!
Questions to Consider Before Meeting with Your Academic Advisor
Priority Registration — November 7
- Request a Degree Plan Worksheet from your advisor so you can determine what courses you are required to take for your major.
- Ask your advisor about pre-requisites for the courses you are planning to take.
- Are there certain times of the day that are better for you to take a class (i.e. early morning, afternoon)?
- Do your transportation arrangements limit the times when you can get to and from campus?
- Should you be taking several reading and/or writing intensive courses at the same time?
- Do you do better in courses that meet for a short time (such as the 50 minute MWF courses), or do you prefer longer courses or even evening classes?
- How many hours of course work do you think is reasonable for you to take in a single semester?
- With your advisor, look at the locations of back-to-back classes to determine if you will have enough time to get to each class on time.
- Have you left space between classes for extended time on your testing?
- Ask your advisor if the professors for your courses might be willing ot give you a copy of the syllabus prior to the first day of class. This will assist you in planning yours semester. Please be aware that professors are not required to provide advance copes of their syllabi.
Have Questions? Need help? Stop by the office for help anytime!
Student Disability Services
335 West Hall