In honor of finals week, here is a list of ways to start the week in a productive, positive manner. Studying also helps with finals so don’t forget to do that one!
- Talk to Family and/or Friends. Communicating with people who can comfort you can start the week off in a positive way and affect your outlook. Reach out to the people in your life and stay connected.
- Sleep. There are tons of studies on the importance of sleep. Try and recharge as much as you can to be as productive as possible.
- Don’t Procrastinate. Why stress yourself out later when you can calmly do things now?
- Plan Your Week Out. Take 30 minutes to plan your week out. It will help keep things in focus and achieve your short-term goals.
- Just Breathe. Take a minute to go outside and breathe some fresh air. If things are getting stressful just focus on breathing for a couple minutes and get back on track.
- Don’t Worry. Worrying can cause all sorts of unnecessary stress. Corrie ten Boom said it best: “Worrying doesn’t empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.” The first 5 suggestions should help with this one.
- Manage Your Time. Keep a calendar and map out your week with your “to-do’s” even if it is a 5 minute task. Then add a 30 minute or hour-long task and cross them off as you go.